Almond Fig Cake
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (or rice flour for gluten free)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. flax seeds (optional)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup Darkest Hour Figs & Honey (regular Figs & Honey for gluten free)
1. Butter a 9-inch cake pan (or use cooking spray)
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
3. Mix together the first seven ingredients in a bowl (all the dry ingredients).
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, fig jam and almond extract.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat for one minute.
6. Pour batter into greased cake pan.
7. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool before serving.
Recipe from Martha Whitty, Sales Representative & Recipe Developer